Close to 200,000 children in Florida have an incarcerated parent. For many children, having a parent in jail or prison often results in school behavior and performance problems, as well as social and institutional stigma and shame.
Our staff and network of faith-based and professional organizations reintroduce children to their incarcerated parents, create positive memories and moments for the children, and facilitate rebuilding lasting bonds for a lifetime. Our focus is raising children to be happy, healthy and productive citizens.
We coordinate wrap-around services, conduct Bonding Visits, and advocate for stronger policies to strengthen the bond between children and their incarcerated parents and mitigate the trauma caused by the separation.
- January 22, 2016. Eight Florida Leaders Inducted into Children of Inmates League of Superheroes.
- December 22, 2015. South Florida inmates spend time with children ahead of holidays. (ABC 10, Miami)
- December 22, 2015. Kids Visit Inmate Dads at Everglades Correctional Institution. (NBC 6, Miami)
- July 31, 2015. Children get to see their incarcerated dads, some for the first time in years. (NBC 5, West Palm Beach)
- July 22, 2015. Prisoner fathers reunite with their children. (Miami Times)
- July, 17, 2015. Fathers, children reunited at Charlotte County prison. (NBC 2, Fort Myers)
- July 17, 2015. Program sponsors visit for families of inmates at Charlotte Co. prison. (Wink News CBS)
- July 15, 2015. South Florida kids reunite with fathers in prison. (CBS 4, Miami)
- October 24th, 2014 - Family Bonding Visit at Martin Correctional
Institution (ages 10+), Everglades Correctional Institution (ages 0-9), Desoto Correctional Institution, & Charlotte Correctional Institution (tentative)
- November 4th, 2014 - Family Bonding Visit at Everglades Correctional
Institution (ages 0-9), Dade Correctional Institution & Okeechobee Correctional Institution (ages 10+)
- December 22nd, 2014 - Family Bonding Visit at Hardee Correctional
Institution, Homestead Correctional Institution, Desoto Correctional Institution & Dade Correctional Institution (tentative)
- December 30th, 2014 - Family Bonding Visit at Martin Correctional
Institution, Everglades Correctional Institution, Charlotte Correctional Institution & Okeechobee Correctional Institution (tentative)
Only your name and email is needed. Click here to join.
- The Service Network for Children of Inmate is funded by the Children's Trust of Miami-Dade. The Trust is a dedicated source of revenue established by voter referendum to improve the lives of children and families in Miami-Dade County.
© 2008 Service Network for Children of Inmates. All Rights Reserved.NetString™